Charleston Marathon® | January 16, 2021
- Groups of 20 or more receive a stipend
- College students & high school students earn service hours
- Portion of the proceeds from the marathon helps fund grants for local schools to help integrate the Arts into their curriculum
- All volunteers receive a free t-shirt
- It’s tons of FUN!!!
Run the Race | January 16, 2021
The Charleston Marathon® benefits Engaging Creative Minds (ECM), with 20% of the net proceeds going to local school grants. The marathon has contributed over $600,000 to Arts Integrated education initiatives in Lowcountry schools!
The Charleston Marathon® is a scenic 26.2-mile run that showcases the beauty and history of the Lowcountry, starting in downtown Charleston and ending in North Charleston. Music and performance groups from our local schools and community dot the course to keep you moving. In addition to the full marathon, there is a Half Marathon and Shrimp & Grits 5k.
Youth Marathon | January 16, 2021
Join us for the Charleston Youth Marathon! All students are encouraged to run the marathon and can log 25 miles prior to the final 1.2- mile run on race day.
The Charleston Youth Marathon awards individuals and groups for their community support.
- Peyton Moore Spirit Award: Traveling trophy awarded to the school with the most Youth Marathon Runners
- Youth Marathon Award: Purse of $600 is distributed among the top three schools with the most spirit and participation
- 1st place: $300
- 2nd place: $200
- 3rd place: $100
Youth Marathon T-Shirt Design Contest will begin soon. Stay tuned for details on how to enter!