Our next volunteer spotlight is office & outreach volunteer extraordinaire, Kiersten! She has consistently volunteered in our office and helps ECM run a smooth ship.
“One of my favorite qualities about Kiersten is that she is a wonderful communicator. I look forward to her sunshine and warmth when she comes to the office. I can rely on Kiersten to take on whatever projects are needed, whether it is cranking out ELE packets or making bubble sculptures at an outreach event!” – Alicia Modoor
- What motivated you to volunteer with ECM?
- I believe that ECM’s mission of sparking curiosity through innovative learning experiences is exactly what every child needs to get them excited about learning. I also love the connection ECM has with people in the community. I think it’s really powerful for students to have the opportunity to learn from these great thinkers and changemakers.
- What makes this volunteer experience a meaningful use of your time?
- I think teachers have one of the hardest jobs around and I believe that ECM provides wonderful support and inspiration to the teachers they work with and I am proud to be a part of this support system.
- What is the biggest benefit you receive as a volunteer with ECM?
- Seeing kids have fun while they learn and I get to work with an incredible team!
- What is the most memorable accomplishment and/or moment of your volunteer experience?
- Being part of a very popular bubble experiment at the recent STEM Night Festival at St. Andrew’s School of Math & Science.
- What have you learned from volunteering?
- You meet really great people and ECM is certainly no exception!